Sunday, January 12, 2014

Starting 2014 Right with D&D Body Shop

The New Year, 2014, brings a lot of promise and chances for new beginnings. For a lot of people, these means a fresh new 12 months to fix, improve on, or resolve to do something for the rest of the year. Of course, I am talking about New Year’s resolutions!


I have to admit, I am the type of person who has the conviction and will to follow through with things like resolutions, but only at the start. Yes, I have the early enthusiastic starter syndrome. I have all the enthusiasm and willpower to implement things at the start, only to have this enthusiasm wane as the days go by. That is why in anything, from work to relationships, I always have a good start, but not always the best finishes. That may also be the reason I get projects that have to be done as soon as possible. My sense of urgency is commendable, but staying power is something I do not have.
That is why for 2014, I have come up with a New Year’s resolution that is something I need to do, and do fast. My New Year’s resolution would be to get a car.

Wait, is that even a resolution? Why not? I mean, driving myself to work and getting rid of my dependency for public transportation is, I think, one great resolution, right? I think I need to be more responsible, and having my own car is one huge step to responsibility, not to mention I get to fulfill a resolution!

So, finally, when January 2 struck, while the rest of the world grudgingly went back to work, I went ahead to the car dealership to fulfil my New Year’s resolution. With my shiny new Ford Focus, I drove myself to transportation independence as I looked for the necessities: the nearest gas station, my insurance company to meet state insurance requirements, and the carwash I would frequent. That’s enough, right?

Of course, I drove myself to a Friday night out with friends for them to ogle at my shiny new ride. The evening wore on with lots of conversation about my car, maintaining it, et cetera, et catera, when one of my friends asked if I had looked into a body repair shop for my car. I gave him a blank look and asked, “Well, isn’t that what insurance is for?” He laughed at me and told me to come with him to this place in North Amphlett Boulevard the next day.

So, on a bright Saturday morning, I came with my friend to D&D Body Shop, his trusted car restoration establishment. At first, I have to say I was impressed, but I did not show it. What’s wrong with the repair center my insurance company will automatically recommend anyway?

The facilities and equipment D&D used were top class, so I knew this was one special place. When my friend had one of their I-CAR Gold certified professionals talk to me regarding my car, I was treated to an education regarding windshield repair, repairing to the last detail, and professional “good as new” restoration.

I have to say my eyes were opened to what I should do to my car. I definitely will not settle for anything less than top-notch service for my investment. Thanks to D&D Body Shop, I know dents, bumps, and scratches worries will never be a part of my New Year’s resolution of getting a car.

No comments:

Post a Comment