Sunday, July 7, 2013

Car Restoration for the Discriminating


When was the last time you really took a good look at you car?

I ask this because I am a serious car collector, and I spend a considerable amount of the day looking at my three cars. Yes, I only have 3, but they are kept in tiptop condition. This means I exert all efforts and painstakingly go through all the details of each to make sure they are as shiny as the day I acquired them. After the work day, I make sure my 1966 Oldsmobile Tornado, 1966 Volga GAZ-21, and Alfa-Romeo are unscathed. Every nook and cranny has to be perfect, without any blemish. Dents and nicks would be a nightmare. Even a thin layer of dust is not allowed in any of the three. I definitely do not want anyone else to look after my cars on my behalf. That’s my work and I enjoy doing it.

One thing I have to know as a car collector is a reliable body shop that I can count on if ever I have a problem with any of my three loves. The thing about my cars is that I may be the most careful owner, but then, something unexpected may happen to them while I am out of the house. There may not be anything that could happen, but then when I am away, I can never tell!

My biggest fears were realized when one day, in one of those ordinary days when I checked all my three cars, I found a scratch on my Volga. This is unacceptable! And it is on the left head light! How could I have missed this? When did this happen? Why did I not see this yesterday? Did the person who waxed the vehicle (I have all three waxed every Sunday) do this? I was on panic mode not because I was unprepared, but because this has never happened before.

When I finally settled down, I got the car to my collision repair center of choice, D&D Body Shop on N. Amphlett Blvd. You may think I am exaggerating and overreacting by sending a vintage car to a world-class repair shop that is equipped with state of the art tools that could repair any car of any model, any year. Well, I take my cars seriously, just as comic book collectors do not take out their prized possessions from plastic containers or how action figures do not get taken off their original packaging by serious collectors.

What sets D&D Body Shop from the other repair centers in my area? A lot! My car gets repaired by technicians certified by I-CAR, an international organization that gives accreditation only to professionals that have passed their continuing training. Thus, I am assured that whatever car I bring to D&D Body Shop, whether it’s my trusty Ford or one of my three prized vehicles in my collection, they will do a top notch job with it.

Alas, what I love about them is that they get me. There’s no job too big or too small for them. So, whether you need help on collision repair or something as “trivial” as my scratched car, let D&D Body Shop help you.

No comments:

Post a Comment